Friday Night Triples League Rules
1. The League Competition for this year shall comprise of 2 Divisions.
2. The game shall consist of two Triples from each Club, with one playing at home the other away. Points scored by each Club are as follows:
2 points for winning the home game (1 point each club if it’s a drawn game)
2 points for winning the away game (1 point each Club if it’s a drawn game)
2 points for the Club winning the combined score of both matches (1 point each Club if combined score is a draw)
3. Teams consist of any 6 club members (all Men, all Ladies or Mixed). 18 ends to be played and full scores recorded.
4. If there is a “No end” during play it should be replayed.
5. If a Club is unable or does not arrive to play a match, then 6 points and a shot difference of +5 shots will be
awarded to the opponents and -5 shots to the defaulting team (only full teams can play home and away).
6. The semi-finals will be played between the winners of League 1 playing the runners up of League 2 and the winners of League 2 will play runners up of League 1. Any clubs finishing level on points IN THEIR DIVISION the winner and runner-up place will be decided on shot difference.
7. All games must be played on the Friday of the week nominated for the fixture and both home and away on the same evening. However, if mutually accepted the game can take place earlier on another day or time but must be completed by the Friday of the week nominated for the fixture.
8. Deadline for Matches to start is: July Fixtures 6.15 with no matches to start after 6.45 and August Fixtures 5:45 with no match to start after 6:15.
9. Both Clubs will email their Club's scores and the names of the 6 players who played to the Competition Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately following each match. THIS IS IMPORTANT AS IT IS NEEDED TO PUBLISH RESULTS AND KEEP AN UP-TO-DATE LEAGUE TABLE. Weekly results and League positions will be available on the BB&DBA Website (bbdba.org).
10. The Semi-Final will be played at HSBC on either the 24th or 26th August 2022 at 5:30pm or at another mutually acceptable neutral green by the 26th August. If the combined score results in a draw, then an extra end will be played by the rink that was chosen prior to the game by the club who won the toss of the coin. Please contact Eunice Pain on 01689 838368 / 07890 728807 to book your game or arrange the game yourself at another venue by 26th August.
11. Those taking part in the Final must have played in at least one earlier round of the Triples League.
12. Competitions will be played under the rules laid down by England Bowls Association. All bowls shall bear the legible stamp no older than 1988 in the Finals of any Competition. The Appointed Umpire for the Finals will check all woods and the decision to eligibility is theirs in all cases.
13. The Final will be part of the Competition Finals Day and Presentation Dinner Event on 18th September 2022 at HSBC Bowls Club.
14.No player can be in 2 finals as ALL FINALS matches take place at the same time.